Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Anyone who knows me well enough, or even not that well, can probably attest to the fact that I freak out at little things, or at things that I should be patient with.

Yesterday I was at dinner with Megan and got a phone call from Lyndee telling me that there was a dorm meeting back at the dorm and I needed to be back by 8:15. Megan and I were still at the restaurant and I was supposed to go to work on a friend's computer at 7:30. I was frustrated by the news of a dorm meeting, and got upset about it. Just as soon as I hung up the phone and was explaining things to Megan about what was going on, I got a call from my friend Mary whose computer I was to work on. She said that she was just getting back from work and would be about half an hour before I could come over to work on the computer. So we ended up scheduling to meet up today for me to work on her computer. But I texted Lyndee back that I would be coming to the dorm meeting and that God was probably laughing at me, because I got upset over the meeting because I had something already scheduled, and then the scheduled thing ended up not happening, so I was able to go back to campus...

When we got back to campus I went back to my room to drop off my food and let Megan use my computer. Then Lyndee came in the room and we ended up going down towards the conference room for the "meeting". Lindsey was also coming towards the conference room from her apartment. We went in, and as I came in the lights were turned on and everyone that was in there yelled "SURPRISE!" and I saw that the room was decorated with streamers and balloons and there were snacks on the table! They had planned out this whole surprise for my birthday!! I was definitely surprised, and wondered how I hadn't seen it coming. But that thing with the scheduling... definitely a God thing... and I'm pretty sure He was laughing at me.... or at least at the fact I got so upset over something that wasn't even really something to get upset over... since it was all made up just to get me back to the dorm for my surprise party... I should tell my friend Mary what happened. I forgot to when I was working on her computer today...

No comments: