Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fed Up

I am sick and tired of seeing stuff about Santa. I've seen several movies recently that talk a lot about believing in Santa, and completely ignore the real reason for the season. I know it's a cliche phrase for Christ, but it is true (well, after the church tried to get people to focus on Christ instead of the pagan nature worship they were doing at the winter solstice.)

I don't see how, actually I do but that's another point I have tonight, people can keep talking about believing in Santa - who has never been made out to be an all powerful god, just an old dude in a red suit zooming around the planet visiting all the children in one night via magic or something esoteric such as that - and they cannot even briefly entertain the thought that God might in fact be real.

Which brings me to my second point. I know that people so nonchalantly deny that God exists because of free will in this broken and sinful world.

I know that as Christians we are called to love. But I can't help but want to pound people/the media over the head with a few candy canes at this time of year when they keep talking about believing in Santa and they don't even touch on the birth of the Messiah.

Never mind that Christ wasn't born in the middle of December. But that's beside the point.

The point is that people have almost completely forgotten the Messiah. They have forgotten that God came to this earth to live as we did, yet without sin, and experience life as we experience it, only to take on himself all of our sins to offer himself as a sacrifice so that we could live.

There is a supernatural war going on. If that is not more evident in the events of this last week I don't know what will make it evident. These shootings weren't senseless acts of violence. They were sinful acts of violence.

We need to put Christ back in Christmas, and put God and prayer back in schools. The enemy cannot stand when Jesus' name is spoken. We need to pray for our nation, reach out to our neighbors, and spread the Gospel in love to these people that have no hope. In Christ there is hope. He is our hope. Not Obama. Obamas promises are empty, as each mans promises are. Only God will fulfill each and every promise He has made.

Anyway. This nation needs the Gospel. This nation needs prayer. And this blogger needs sleep. That's the summation of my post. I'm off to bed.

*Also, we don't need more gun control laws. We need self-controlled people. These shooters have no self control. They act on unnatural urges to do wrong. If you support gun control you should also support anti-abortion, because over 100,000 babies are aborted daily. If that is not at least as horrifying as this latest shooting, then I don't know what to say.

Ending my slightly political and possibly very emotionally charged post now.

No comments: