Wednesday, April 4, 2012

04/04/12

My knee hurts. My left knee. I don't know what I did to it. Other than maybe cram my foot as far beneath my desk chair as possible at work because I subconsciously do this when I'm being attentive on the phone my desk. That and falling-ish off the sidewalk going into my apartment complex the other night probably didn't help. Or the weather, that is now getting rainy and weather-like. Anyway... it hurts. And i forgot to mention that at Bible study tonight during prayer requests.

We had quite the discussion at Bible study this evening. We didn't end up separating into the women's and men's studies. The pastor has something to say about a church sign at some Methodist church. The sign said "God prefers kind atheists over hateful Christians". Needless to say we all kind of went off on that statement. It was a really great discussion.

On another note. I like being included in things. But I don't usually go somewhere or join anything unless I'm invited in a clear manner. Maybe it's my logical thinking/social awkwardness, but that's how I am. Not clearly being invited to a family Easter function, and clearly being invited to a lunch at church on Easter, I am going to stay after church and hang out there... because they cared enough to ask. I don't typically initiate a conversation. Part of my social awkwardness. But I thrive on conversation. I still like listening to conversation, but living by myself, and having mostly one-way conversations in what I do for a living (however much I enjoy what I do it is what it is, and it's a job first and foremost), I do not have many actual conversations. I am a quality time person. If you (anyone: family/friend/stranger/robot) don't initiate the invite, I probably won't go to anything because to me that means you don't care if we hang out or not. It isn't that I wouldn't like to go, but I wasn't invited. Maybe it's something you think I should just get over. Maybe I think other people should understand that. Maybe I'm wrong. It isn't out of hate or dislike or anything ill-natured. It's about the principle of the matter. I have been invited to do something else, therefore I am going to do something else. This is why I don't get out much...

Two more days this week. Then the weekend. Everybody's workin' for the weekend.... I feel like I've heard that somewhere before. How true it is.

I think that's about all I have for now. I know I had other thoughts running around in my head this week. Maybe I'll remember them and post them this weekend. Who knows.... I need to go home because my eyes are getting dry and I'm tired... Still gotta go to the store tonight and get something for breakfast. I'm thinking Eggo's since I finally have a toasteroven... Yeah... Eggo's... :)



No comments: