Saturday, September 15, 2012

Infused

Just a thought I had on my drive back to my apt this evening. The songs on the radio and thoughts already spinning around in my head. *this was a few days ago, like last weekend I think* Anyway, the thoughts I was thinking that evening last week we turned to the word "Infused". I was listening to KLOVE on my drive back to town. The songs stirred my thoughts. I began to think about "soaking music" and the Kansas City International House of Prayer (KC-IHOP) and the music that used to be played there. I thought about what soaking music means: soaking in the presence of the Father. Does this mean soaking in His presence all around us, or does this mean letting His presence be inside of us so that we are infused with His presence as He permeates our being?

Then I looked up the definition. Merriam-Webster dictionary defines "infused" as:
------------------------------------------
Main Entry: in·fuse
Pronunciation: \in-ˈfyüz\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): in·fused; in·fus·ing
Etymology: Middle English, to pour in, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French infuser, from Latin infusus, past participle of infundere to pour in, from in- + fundere to pour — more at found
Date: 1526
1 a : to cause to be permeated with something (as a principle or quality) that alters usually for the better b : introduce, insinuate
2 : inspire, animate
3 : to steep in liquid (as water) without boiling so as to extract the soluble constituents or principles
4 : to administer or inject by infusion
— in·fus·er noun
synonyms infuse, suffuse, imbue, ingrain, inoculate,

Leaven: means to introduce one thing into another so as to affect it throughout. It implies introducing something that enlivens, tempers, or markedly alters the total quality.
Infuse: implies a pouring in of something that gives new life or significance.
Suffuse: implies a spreading through of something that gives an unusual color or quality.
Imbue: implies the introduction of a quality that fills and permeates the whole being.
Ingrain: (used only in the passive or past participle) suggests the deep implanting of a quality or trait. Inoculate: implies an imbuing or implanting with a germinal idea and often suggests stealth or subtlety.
-------------------------------------------

(Emphasis above mine)

If you want to infuse water with a flavor, you put the item in the water, and let the flavor seep out into it. Is this not what we should desire from the presence of God? That He would infuse us - to place down deep inside us so the Spirit seeps through us -  with His Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit has come to dwell in us, to infuse us with Himself, that we would glorify God by becoming more Christ like.

Anyway... that's just a few of my thoughts... I don't really have a good conclusion.... it's late and I need to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow, and a long week ahead. Funny, I dreamed the other night that I would feel like I hadn't really rested this weekend by the time tomorrow evening came about... I feel like that's what it's going to be like tomorrow evening, but it's going to be so worth it.


No comments: