Friday, May 15, 2009

It's been one week since...

Well, we know where that song goes... complete randomness...

The week has not been quite as exciting as the song, just regular mundane life in southern Indiana trying to find a job by searching online, and trying to stay sane by... well, just trying to stay sane. Not much to report on the side of jobs or anything such as that. It has been kind of stressful, and I've been going online looking at different sites for postings. I am going to have to go to the websites of specific places and apply on there... that's where I've been directed to most times when looking for jobs like last summer. Everywhere that I looked at wanted an online application. OK... it just might be time to put in that application for the Geek Squad. I really don't want to work in retail, but there's not that many open office or tech related positions in Evansville, it seems. Or I just don't know where to look.

Aside from that, life is not all that interesting. Just playing Combat Arms for some time killer, and doing random other things to keep busy. I am going to try to find some of my books that I want to read, either for the first time or again, tomorrow. There's not much to do here. I want to go get out of the house for a while sometime but I really don't have anywhere to go. I don't know much of the layout of E-ville or anything, or any places to go that would be interesting. I have no reason to go hang out at the mall or anything like that. And no one to go do stuff with. I went to my brother's church on Sunday, and will be going back this Sunday. I am wanting to get plugged in with a small group or something but am still not sure if that is the right church for me. It feels a lot like GCC, which nothing against them, I just do not like the atmosphere of it that much. I will see how this coming Sunday goes. Last week was Mother's Day so they had all kinds of special things going on. We'll see. I wish there was some other way to get plugged into a Christian community here than to try to find a church to fit into and then get to know the people there. I might look around for some Christian coffee houses or something. One of the girls that I went to Bethel with also lives down here. At least that is one connection here, other than family. It's nice to know that someone else I have gotten to know in the last 5 years is also here. Even though here is extremely boring without classes or work or so many familiar faces around.

2 comments:

mary christine said...

you can see if Wired Coffeehouse is still around. they cater more to the teens in the city, though, so you might have trouble finding a lot of people your age there. though some of my college friends used to frequent it quite a bit. i haven't been since they moved off main street, so you'd have to look them up.

as far as jobs go, just keep looking. it takes a while. it took me a good two months of searching like it was my full time job to finally get something. then when i moved down here it took three months and some divine intervention to get away from retail!

i'll be praying for you...

Anonymous said...

i have been filling out applications online for a few months now and just found a tip...i never thought of this...i figured i was filling out the application and they were reading it...but found out that isn't always true so i was told that you should fill it out then contact the company and let them know so they can pull it up and read it...not the same in all things as retail i'm sure but seems like a good idea in any business you go after...some companies out here are having a hiring freeze even though they still have applications and positions posted online so you think you are getting something done when you aren't really...so if you fill it out and then call them they can tell you this sort of stuff so you aren't waiting around stressing...
i have an orientation to go to monday for my new job...of course it is only 4-8 hours a week probably so i am not making any $$...probably losing some actually...but could lead to more hours...though since i have taken an almost $4 cut in pay to begin with i still won't turn a profit...oh well...just got to adjust...and this is getting too long so byebye for now...xoxoxox>^,,^<