Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flight Information!!

Hey, I was able to purchase my plane ticket today with what money I have received! To those who have helped to support me financially, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

My flight info is as follows

Sun, Aug 16, 2009 Evansville, (EVV) to Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX)
Depart: 11:40 AM
Arrive: 12:55 PM

Evansville, IN (EVV) to
Chicago, IL (ORD)

American AirlinesAmerican Airlines
Flight 4324 operated by
AMERICAN EAGLE
(on Embraer RJ145 Amazon)

Requested Seats: 6C
1 Stop - change planes Chicago, IL (ORD)
Connection Time: 2 hrs 15mins
Depart: 03:10 PM
Arrive: 05:28 PM

Chicago, IL (ORD) to
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

American AirlinesAmerican Airlines
Flight 455
(on Boeing 767-300)

Requested Seats: 34A
Total Travel Time: 7 hrs 48 mins

It looks like I will be flying on one of those Boeing 767-300's. That model was in the news yesterday for having weak points towards the tail of the plane. Not a good thing, but the airline I am flying with is also NOT SouthWest, which is the airline that has had the problems with that.

I will have a long layover in Chicago, but unless I wanted to leave at 6:30am I am going to have to take that! I would prefer a longer layover, within reason, and two hours is reasonable, to a short one, like the half hour layover I had in the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport when I flew out to California before. That was intense... wait for the plane to park, then wait for people to get off in front of me so I could finally get out, then try and find a restroom, then try to find my gate, have to stop to ask directions and have to jump on a little shuttle tram thing that ran around the airport. I will probably be looking at maps of O'Hare and LAX before I get on the plane to leave.

I just picked up a set of cheap luggage tags at Walmart today. I am still trying to figure out what I want/need to take, and what I need to purchase either before I leave, or when I get out there. Anyone have suggestions??

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hey Nora! I can feel your excitement all the way over here in Korea! So excited for you... =)