Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moving

Packing. That's one of the hardest parts of moving. Just going through everything and putting it in a box. I have a week of evenings to pack. Of course I will probably be coming home on the weekends to do laundry, since I still go to church out this way. So I can still keep coming by to pick up things I need.

I move on Saturday officially.

I thought I had a place to move to last Monday. Well, let me back up some. I need to start listening to those, what I call "predict the day" dreams. It's happened a couple of times in the past. I have a dream before I wake up, and then at some point during the day, that thing I dreamed earlier actually happens. So last Sunday night/Monday morning, I had dreamed that I was visiting this house I was going to go look at. It was a duplex. Anyway, when I walked in, in the dream, there was someone else still living there. Their stuff was all over the place. The house looked in horrible condition and dark. I walked down the steps into the basement and there was particle board on the ceiling that had a hole through it as if it had been wet. I looked around and thought "I can't live here." Well, now later that day, I went to go look at the actual duplex. Although there were no current occupants or items strewn about, the place smelled horribly of a mildewy/musty/old house smell. Well, needless to say I didn't listen to the Holy Spirit and put a deposit down on it because I felt I was at my last hope of finding housing. As I thought about it more I realized I really shouldn't have done that. Thankfully I was able to get my money back. And will be using checks from now on... Anyway, I was sitting at work the next day, all torn up about the whole thing, because it wouldn't be until the next day, Wednesday of last week, that I was able to get my money back. But I was sitting at work, during a break, and was thinking about dreams, and realized I had the dream the night before about the house I went to look at, and the bad feelings I got from the dream, and I had somehow forgotten that during the whole time looking at the place!!

I went yesterday to look at apartments with a friend from church. Such a blessing. We were only able to look at one place, but it was within the price range, and it looked good. Small, but good. I like my space, so I think most anything is small, although it's larger than my dorm room from freshman year, so in consideration to that, it's pretty roomy!! And I won't need much space anyway, living by myself. I am considering a few lamps, however. One window in the living room, and one in the bedroom is not enough light for me.

It was so good last week, as well as this morning at church, to be reminded that I'm not alone.

Last night at church people were sharing their testimonies, and we were singing praise songs. It was so encouraging. Afterwards a lot of us went out to eat and fellowship. Today at church was encouraging as well. We have victory over the enemy. Tonight we celebrated as 3 young people we baptized, and we had communion. "Where would you be today without Jesus?" What a question. We prayed for some dear members of our church family. We are expecting miracles.

Things to remember for this week (and beyond) - praying on the armor, remembering I am victorious in Christ, I am not alone.

I need to make a list of things I will need when I move in. Like TP, and dish soap, and dishes?? I have some? In the shed somewhere. Didn't find them when I went spelunking in there today. OK, enough thinking for tonight. I need to go to bed and sleep before work tomorrow. There's a bit of a storm raging outside right now. Warm temps running into cold temps. Not a good combo. But God is greater than the storm.

2 comments:

Jana Alexis said...

So glad you were able to find your own place, Nora! So great to see God providing for you. Better hit up a Dollar Store for some of those toiletry needs - I remember being amazed at all of the little things I took for granted when we moved into our apartment. :) Happy house setting up!

Nora said...

Thanks Jana!