Monday, January 2, 2012

Stressed. Discouraged. Lonely.


I have so much on my mind right now.

- Learning how to do my new job. There's a lot of how things need to be said at work, that I just don't get quite as easily as others. You know that saying "Do something every day that scares you"? Yeah...
      - I do have a really good "mentor" at work who is a really strong Christian, and isn't afraid of telling me how it is with Jesus and worry. Really good reminder... In fact, there's quite a few really strong brothers and sisters in Christ there in my department. That is encouraging.

- Trying to find an apartment. I just don't know what all to look for, or where all to look. I'm trying to talk with people at work who actually live in town and see about what they know of prices and availability.

- I haven't even started packing or looking through my stuff in the shed to see what I need to take with me.

- I don't have any furniture. No bed. No couch. No desk. No tv. The bed and the desk will be the most important ones. The bed and the computer are the first things I set up when I get someplace new. As I had to do so often in college. Also no washer or dryer. No microwave or toaster oven. I do have my old coffee pot. I think it still works as good as it did in college. If I can locate it.

- Wondering how I'm going to manage living on my own, without roommates. Through growing up and college I have always had a roommate to some capacity. I don't particularly like being by myself, but it will probably motivate me to exercise more, since I don't like being watched or feeling like someone may walk in on me when I exercise.

- I'm probably going to try to find a young adult/singles ministry to go to on nights when my home church doesn't meet. Gonna need some kind of social life and friends in town. I literally don't know anyone who lives in town that I can hang out with or whatever. Though I think there are at least one or two people I know from college who live down here. But none I contact on a regular basis.

I need to remember these things...
 ~~“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
    “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.~~ Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

No comments: