Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Battle Cry

I was watching the Today Show this morning. They referenced a recent Pew study (see link at end of post) which found that those who identify themselves as being a Protestant Christian are declining, and those who identify as having no religion are on the rise. While this is not surprising results, it is surprising to me that it actually made the morning headlines.

Immediately after they went to a segment of Today's Professionals. The first story they talked about was a recent football game where the crowd cheered when a player was injured somewhat seriously. They asked themselves why the crowd is cheering when bad things happen to the opposing team. They thought that was a backward way to act in America.

How blind this generation is to spiritual things! They cannot connect the fact that a godless generation is going to celebrate the offensive and disgusting things! They even paraphrase Scripture when they themselves admit that people are calling wrong things right! (Although they don't reference it they have at least heard it enough to admit that these actions are not how people *should* act.)

"Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20 NIV)

Now is the time to pray for this country. Now is the time to tell people about Jesus Christ and the fact that He is not on the same level as all these false gods out there that people worship! We are facing a spiritual warfare that cannot be fought with nuclear, biological, psychological, or otherwise physical weapons.

I guess what I'm saying is that we need to pray. For our churches. For our families. For our states. For our nation. We are waiting on the bridegroom to come, and every day is one day closer. I guess my platform for telling people about Christ is here, this blog. I know I don't have that many readers outside of immediate family. But that's more people than I speak to face to face each day.

I just don't get how people can walk through life without looking through a spiritual lens these days. Looking through the spiritual lens is like looking through a SLR camera. You see what is actually there. It helps you focus. If the view is crap it shows you. It doesn't photoshop it before you click the shutter release! So many people walk around with a photoshopped reality that isn't a reality at all! My heart hurts for those people. And not being a very socially adept person, I really don't know how to reach them.

That is all for now. I need to sleep. I am weary from running errands and trying to get the words right to say what I felt needed to be said here tonight.



http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gg5uvl6ga6druha4eANeJ8EGIT1Q?docId=ee4252b92bb54316a1ed2c22866b6df6




No comments: