Sunday, June 14, 2009

Much randomness about DTV and the postal service...

Oh, I just remembered about my package I had posted about last week. It finally got here on like Monday or Tuesday after I posted that. It still doesn't help my feelings of dissent against the postal service.

Random... or not so random question: Has anyone else had any conspiracy theories run through their head with the whole DTV switch from analog to digital? Has it occurred to anyone else how attached we are as a nation to TV, and that the Government controls that? I'm not against the government, I just don't trust them the majority of the time, it being filled with politicians and all... Anyway... back to the topic: This analog to digital switch has been the buzz of the networks for months now, and it just sounds to me like everyone is brainwashed. DTV is touted to be better than analog with more stations, etc. From what I have experienced, out here in the boondocks of Indiana, it is a worthless piece of garbage. It will not stay tuned, since digital signals go by line of sight, and analog was more like a superball, it would bounce around through pretty much anything. If you have a twig in the way of your brand-spanking-new digital antenna the stations will cut out. A messed up digital signal gets all pixelated and sounds like a broken record. Not to mention the fact that the DTV converter box has to tell you every time the station drops out by putting a somewhat transparent screen up that takes up at least 1/3 of your screen. If you recently looked at the description of your program it will take up all of the screen. And the box doesn't go away immediately. It has to stay there at least three seconds into your program to tell you what the signal strength is. Can you tell that I don't like DTV. I should stop watching tv all together, but it's something to do out here in the boonies... Oh, and DirectTV wasn't much better when we had that...

No comments: