Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hold Fast

Dark, cold and wet has been the only weather I've seen for several days now. Ready for a break in the clouds. Even still, I know the sun is shining behind that thick layer of clouds overhead. The weather has been kind of like the feeling of discouragement that overshadowed the early part of the week while still dealing with my knee still hurting and my tires on my car seeming a little unbalanced. But I hold fast to what I know persists in the midst of all these little things that distract me, and that is the goodness of my Savior. That my circumstances shouldn't determine how I feel or act. That He can get through to the deep places that just need an extra measure of His presence. That I'm still dealing with my knee hurting (less now than earlier in the week, but it still has that twinge in it that makes me treat it with special care as I go about my day), and my tires are still a bit wobbly (tried to deal with that tonight, but Walmart's air compressor broken!) but I can be joyful in my Lord, and I can let His peace overwhelm me, instead of being overwhelmed by my circumstances. Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭4-7‬ NLT)
A photo posted by Nora Whelan (@technoindigo) on

No comments: