Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh - God the Provider  I've been worrying about many things lately. Even after hearing this last Sunday about how we need to be joyful in all circumstances, be prayerful, and be thankful - it is still a challenge. Things come up and they just try to trip you and make you worry. You think that your circumstances are too overwhelming and you just want to wallow in that self-pity and pout about how everything is going wrong. But you must remember to rejoice always, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). When you don't feel like doing these things is the most important time to be them. These aren't things we do. They're things we are. So the last few days I've found myself overwhelmed, struggling to *be* these things. Then today, God reminded me again that He is faithful. That He will make a way where all I see are difficult circumstances. Holy Spirit encouraged me and reminded me that my God is a God who provides. Little things throughout the day just encouraged me - from being told how good I looked since I was discouraged about being at a plateau in my weight loss journey, to having fun losing at Uno at our year end lunch at work, to finding a purple plaid shirt at Rural King, among a myriad of other ways Holy Spirit has reminded me today to be joyful, prayerful, thankful, and that He always provides, whatever the need. “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭31-33‬ NLT)
A photo posted by Nora Whelan (@technoindigo) on

No comments: