Monday, June 16, 2008

It has been a while since I last posted. In that time I have been to my parent's house, hung out with them, my older sisters, my brother, and my nieces. I helped out with my parent's 50th anniversary party. We had close to 40 people there. It was a nice week.

When I came back north I found out on the way there that two of my roommates had moved out the previous night. Lovely. We had a big youth event coming up, and they up and leave. I got to the church and my head was already spinning. There was so much to do, and I had so much going through my head. I was not ready to spend time with the youth, but I really had no choice. I was already homesick the minute I arrived in the church parking lot. I did not want to be around people. And I wanted to ream out the two roomies that had left, but they were not around and I didn't want to call them. Although now I think it is best that they have left.

The event came and went. It was exhausting. The last night was insane. All the kids were up and doing stuff late into the night, and they decided they wanted to be stubborn about it, also. One left at 2am. The guys room was all up until 3am. I think I had about 5 hours of sleep each night... by yesterday I was about to fall asleep standing up. I didn't go to bed until around 11pm though. I watched "8 Mile" on TV. It is the movie that the rapper Eminem is in. It was a pretty good movie, but had a lot of language, which was mostly deleted for the TV edit, and a scene or two that was, thankfully, severely edited. It was a very interesting movie, though.

I am hopefully going to take some time out tomorrow to possibly move rooms in the apartment, since the one bedroom with a window is now empty. I will also probably just get away from the church for a while and go to a Starbucks or something so I can read a book, and journal... which I have been unable to do for lack of time for at least a week and a half now.

No comments: