Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just an update...

Well, I did go to the nurse today about the swollen lymph nodes in my neck and the rash behind my ear. She sent me over to the doctor, which meant calling off work for the afternoon. She wanted me to get the rash checked out. So I went over to the doc and one of the residents working with him checked me out to begin with. Then he gave the doc a recap of everything when he came in. The doc took a look and finally came to the conclusion that it might be shingles... Lovely. I'm not that old, or that stressed, so i'm not quite sure why this has surfaced. I say surfaced, because it comes from the chickenpox virus, but isn't the same thing. But once you've had chickenpox and if the virus reactivates it comes out as shingles. So.... I'm on some medication for it for a week... 5 pills a day for a week. Lovely. But hopefully it makes the itching and pain go away for the most part. Also got some hydrocortisone cream to keep the itch from getting too bad.

No comments: